The City of Gunnison is pleased to announce the official kick-off of the Gunnison Vibrancy Initiative.
The Gunnison Vibrancy Initiative is a project of the City of Gunnison that seeks meaningful community input on how to build a vibrant and prosperous downtown for everyone. The goal of the project is to create a shared community vision for the downtown that includes an action-plan on how to get things done.
The Gunnison Vibrancy Initiative will help us identify core goals and strategies to guide decisions within our downtown and shape the change we want to see in our downtown and community. The outcome is to form a clear vision and strategy to creating a vibrant downtown for everyone.
We value your input and invite your participation in this project! Here are some of the initial ways you can begin your dialogue with us:
- Save the Date! Join us on Thursday, June 29 at 5:30 pm in the Western State Colorado University Ballroom for the official project Kick-Off meeting. (click here for a map to venue)
- Get Involved. There are a variety of ways you can join this conversation. Visit our Get Involved page.
- Visit the Website. Go to www.downtowngunnison.com to learn more about how we are listening to you, project background, upcoming events, and more.
- Get email updates. Please join the email list for the project so we can keep you in the loop on updates, information and next steps. Visit the project website at www.downtowngunnison.com/ and sign up for the email list at the bottom of any page.
- Email us at ARuggera@gunnisonco.gov. Have questions or something you’d like to share right now? Send us an email!
- Get Social! We have active Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages so we can better hear from and engage with you. Our handle is @CityOfGunnison on each of these platforms. Use the hashtag #downtowngunnison to share your ideas and wishes about downtown Gunnison.
The City is committed to conducting a highly participatory project to gather meaningful public feedback. Look for opportunities to engage around town and online. We truly hope to be hearing from you soon.